Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Exhalation...

Exhalation

I exhaled today
Exhaling all the hurts, disappointments and dirty deeds of all my yesteryears
I exhaled all the phony friends, fake comrades and senseless associates
Who never sincerely gave a fuck one way or the other
Who never truly wanted to see a smile spread across my face
Who are actually so miserable in their own life that they are wanting, willing and ready to knock another down
And I exhaled again
Exhaling all of the failures, missed opportunities and self-doubt
I exhaled all of the what-ifs that the mind constantly battled over
All of the misguided interpretations of others' definition of happiness
All of the "to be" lists that materialize to satisfy others' perception of perfection
And I exhaled again
Exhaling all of the cataclysmic catastrophes that once engulfed my mental and emotional
All of the foreseeable bullets that should have been dodged to protect my physical
All of the metaphysical conundrums that discombobulated my spiritual
And I exhaled again
Preparing for my inhalation


~Adiva Williams



No comments:

Post a Comment