Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Mind's Miles...

Sometimes I think my mind is going a million miles a minute
Thoughts overcrowding each other
Like bumper to bumper traffic during rush hour
I have to move quick and maneuver over into the other lane before another thought cuts me off
I think I got it written all down but now I can't quite remember
I jot things down in my phone, in my email, in my journal, even on a sticky note
Please don't let me forget what I am about to say before I even get to say it
Damn! There it goes again! 
Speeding up trying to pass me on my right but not ready yet
I havent had a chance to write it down yet
Wait just a few more minutes so I can get this one logged permanently into my memory
So many ideas, dreams, goals, to-do lists that I am trying to decipher
As to which ones I should earnestly pursue
To try and pursue all of them would be crazy right?!
Or would it be crazy not to?!

~Adiva Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment